UPDATED - February 22, 2015
Removed the old description because it was lengthy and boring. To sum it up; Iggy Koopa's not only my favorite Koopaling of the bunch, but a favorite character in-general.
Okay... so, this drawing. I drew this back in 2012, and originally, I was quite proud with it. Recently, however, I took a good look at it and realized just how bad it actually was. Proportions were terrible (ex: just one leg was nearly twice as thick as his body), lines were bad, the style had parts that just didn't make sense, the background was... odd, among other things. The drawing I was once proud of, I now felt was shameful. So, I decided to spend some time in Photoshop fixing it.
And honestly, it took quite a while... a few days, to be precise. I had to do all the repairs by hand (rather, a laptop finger pad), not to mention I had to figure out just exactly what to change... and I changed pretty much every single aspect of it. Only a few things went unaltered, so you can see why it took so long. It probably would've been quicker to just start from scratch on paper... but hindsight's a wonderful gift.
In any case, here are all the changes, starting from the top and working my way down (sorta):
- The hair was completely reworked. It now sticks out a lot more, as opposed to before when it was kinda stubby.
- The entire head was resized to be a bit bigger.
- The back of his head was extended a bit.
- The right side of the glasses was slightly resized and lowered.
- A line near the top of the glasses was removed.
- The blue around his pupils were expanded.
- The pupils themselves were made smaller.
- The shine across his glasses were removed because I felt it wasn't necessary (or practical).
- His muzzle was repaired to be more rounder in parts.
- Extended the right side of his muzzle (it could barely been seen in the old).
- His nostrils were lowered.
- His bottom lip was reworked.
- A line was added to his tongue (this was absent before).
- The angle of his two right fangs were changed, not to mention they were redrawn.
- Left shoulder was changed to compensate for the altered head size.
- Both hands were made larger.
- The top of the wand was repaired to improve the angle.
- The bottom of the wand was rounded out.
- Some of the spikes on his spiked armbands were reworked.
- I believe I edited his right arm a bit.
- His body was made much wider.
- Belly pad was reworked.
- Also, his muzzle and belly were given a new color to be more accurate to the official artwork.
- Shell was moved back, and in some cases it was redrawn.
- Added an addition to the shell on the right side of Iggy's body (this was absent before).
- All three spikes were repositioned and redrawn to make them wider and smaller.
- The white on his shell (the part that meets the body) was made larger.
- The tail was shortened and repositioned.
- The tail portion between his legs was removed completely.
- His right leg was reduced.
- Most of his right foot was completely redone, which includes removing the sole line and the shape.
- The paw pad was reworked.
- The claws on his right foot were shortened and straightened.
- The left leg was also reduced, and so were the claws (they were also straightened, just like the others)
- His toes were reduced in size and reworked in parts.
- The old cel-shading was deleted and made fresh, plus I added some where there wasn't any before.
- My current art style was applied to make the character more visually appealing.
- Most of the old lighting, which I felt was confusing, ugly, or unnecessary in parts, was removed completely.
- Light from the fire was added, which affects parts of his hair, head, wand, and right arms.
- The background brick pattern, which didn't make a whole lot of sense even back then, was removed in favor or something that looks better.
- The bar graphic was reduced (length-wise) in size to take up less space.
- A shadow was added because... why not.
- And, as per the usual, general line improvements.
. Needless to say, I do think the picture is a hell of a lot better now, not to mention it actually LOOKS more like Iggy now. In any case, to see the old version, click this link:i1262.photobucket.com/albums/i…
To see a comparison GIF between the old vs. the new figure (just the basics, no background), click this .GIF link:i1262.photobucket.com/albums/i…
So, how about it? You guys agree it's a much-needed improvement?